Watch this video to learn how to make the Puran of the signature Maharashtrian dish Puran Poli
HOW TO MAKE PURAN
1 cup split Bengal gram (chana dal), soaked for 4-5 hours
1 cup grated jaggery
1½-2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon green cardamom powder
1. Heat a non-stick pan. Add Bengal gram and 4-5 cups water, stir and cook till the grains soften.
2. Switch off heat, strain the water and add Bengal gram into the same pan. Add jaggery, mix well and cook till it melts.
3. Add sugar, mix well and cook for 30 minutes or till thick. Switch off heat and set aside to cool.
4. Add nutmeg powder and green cardamom powder and mix well. Grind the mixture to a fine paste. Transfer the puran into a bowl.
5. Divide into equal portions and shape them into balls (laddoos).
6. Top with cashewnut halves and serve or use to prepare puran poli.
Preparation Time: 4-5 hours
Cooking Time: 60-70 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf