1 cup fish fillet cubes
1 cup medium prawns, shelled and deveined
1½ cups basmati rice, soaked
Salt to taste
1 black cardamom
5-6 black peppercorns
1 star anise
1 green cardamom
1 inch cinnamon
1 blade mace
3 tablespoons ghee + for drizzling
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
3 teaspoonsbiryani masala
½ cup yogurt
8-10 fresh mint sprigs
10-12 fresh coriander sprigs
1 tablespoon oil
2 medium onions, sliced
1 cup browned onions
8-10 saffron strands, soaked in water
1. Heat sufficient water in a deep non-stick pan. Add salt, black cardamom, peppercorns, star anise, green cardamom, cinnamon, mace and 1 tablespoon ghee and mix well.
2. Put clams in hot water, remove the shell keeping the meat on one shell. Clean and set aside.
3. Add rice to the pan, cover and cook till the rice is half done.
4. Take fish, prawns and clams in a bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, 2 teaspoons biryanimasala and yogurt and mix well.
5. Chop some of the mint leaves and coriander leaves and add to the bowl.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons ghee and oil in another non-stick pan. Add onions, mix and sauté till golden.
7. Strain the cooked rice.
8. Add 2 tablespoons browned onions to the seafood mixture.Add this mixture to the pan and mix lightly. Add the rice and mix lightly.
9. Add saffron water, salt and remaining browned onions, remaining biryani masala, torn mint leaves and coriander leaves. Drizzle some ghee on the top and sprinkle some water, cover and place the pan on a flat non-stick pan and cook for 15 minutes or till the seafood is cooked.
10. Serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf