Friday, May 31, 2013

Spicy Cardamom Preserved Lemons

This is a great recipe I found on the Quirky Urbanite blog, you should try it sometime, it will definitely surprise you:

I am a sucker for cardamom. I know that's what tempted me to try a preserved lemon recipe again.
What are preserved lemons? They're just lemons quartered and packed with salt and a mix of spices, commonly used in Moroccan and Indian cuisines. The pickling softens the skin, which you slice up and add to tagines or bean dishes, after scooping out and discarding the fruit.  


I was really excited about preserved lemons a few years ago - they're easy, beautiful and seemed like such a great way to use the lemon bonanza that comes my way this time of year. I made way too many. The problem was using them. 

I tried to adapt my cooking to incorporate them, but they're such a strong taste that I found I had to structure a whole meal around them, which got a little old. Beautiful jars of preserved lemons languished on my shelf for months, years. I bet there's still some up there.


Read the entire recipe Here

No comments:

Post a Comment