Thursday, January 23, 2014

How to Make Fudge




Learn the secrets to making perfect, creamy fudge. Why is temperature so important? And why do you have to let it cool before stirring? All will be revealed!

The version of fudge I am making in the video is orange cardamom. Here is the base recipe on my blog, which calls for adobo sauce and cinnamon. Simple substitution will lead you to all sorts of flavor combinations. http://pastrychefonline.com/2009/12/1... I made a half recipe of what is printed in the blog which yielded 1 9"x13" pan of fudge which I cut into 72 pieces.

33.25 oz granulated sugar
16 oz half and half
1 oz corn syrup
8 oz semi sweet chocolate (chips are fine--use good quality ones)
2 teaspoons kosher salt
zest from 1 orange
1/8 teaspoon orange oil
1 teaspoon finely ground cardamom (strain it if it isn't very finely ground)
2 oz unsalted butter
1 1/2 Tablespoons triple sec or other orange liqueur

The wonderful jazz piece is by Kevin MacLeod, available under a Creative Commons license here: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-... George Street Shuffle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under CC Attribution 3.0.

If you like what you see, find me on my site, Pastry Chef Online: http://pastrychefonline.com. I'm also on Pinterest, facebook, Google+ and twitter. All those links are on the blog, so please connect with me!

I'm happy to help answer any and all baking and cooking questions you have. If you'd like to request a video, just let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment